Getting Apple Pay Cash Back Near Me: Find Out How
Updated: February 5, 2022
Can I get Apple Pay cash back near me? This is one of the most frequent questions asked by Apple Pay users. Isn’t it great to receive some amount of money back when making purchases the way you like? Let’s dive deeper into the topic and find out how you can get cash back with Apple Pay.
What Is Apple Pay?
Apple Pay was introduced in 2014 and its popularity appears to be growing in the USA. No wonder many people want to know if they can get cash back while doing shopping using this service.
Apple Pay is a digital payment system allowing you to pay for products and services either in person or online using your iOS devices. To use this service, you need to have the Apple Wallet app installed on your device. With Apple Pay, you have no need to carry your physical cards with you while making purchases. You may just link your credit or debit card to this digital wallet service and use your device instead of your real-life plastic. Most major credit and debit cards support Apple Pay.
Apple Pay vs. Apple Card vs. Apple Cash
Apple Pay works independently, but it’s possible to link an Apple Card to it. The card is issued by Goldman Sachs and supported by MasterCard. Apple Card works as a usual cash back credit card that is mostly used digitally. Apple Card holders also get a physical plastic for purchases in stores that don’t accept Apple Pay.
With Apple Pay, you can also use Apple Cash to exchange funds with other people via iMessages. Apple Cash functions as a prepaid debit card in your digital wallet and doesn’t support credit cards. This service is only available for US residents of at least 18 years old. To send money to your contacts, you need to add it to your Apple Cash account by using your debit card. When you get money from your contacts, it’ll appear in a digital Apple Cash card in your wallet. You can use this cash while making purchases in stores or online. It’s also possible to transfer it to your bank account.
How Can I Get Apple Pay Cash Back Near Me?
There are several ways to earn cash back using your favorite service:
- holding the Apple Credit Card;
- having any other cash back credit card linked to Apple Pay and allowing to earn cash back on Apple Pay purchases;
- making purchases in stores that give cash back on debit cards linked to Apple Pay.
Way 1: Apply for the Apple Card
If you spend much on Apple products and regularly use Apple Pay, it may make sense to apply for Apple Card and receive cash back with it.
The cash back program of the Apple Credit Card is as follows:
- You get 2% cash back every time you use your Apple Card with Apple Pay. If the retailer doesn’t accept Apple Pay, you’ll only get 1% back.
- You earn 3% cash back on any purchases made with Apple.
- You receive 1% cash back on all other purchases.
Every time you use your Apple Card, you receive cash back that appears in your digital Apple Cash card in the Apple Wallet app. You can then use this cash to pay for your purchases and services, make credit card payments, or send the funds to your bank account.
If you’re interested in the Apple credit card, watch our video review to evaluate all pros and cons and make the right choice.
Way 2: Link Your Cash Back Credit Card to Apple Pay
You can easily link your cash back credit card to Apple Pay, which will allow you to earn cash back on your Apple Pay purchases. Apple Pay supports most credit cards. To find out what credit card issuers work with Apple Pay, use this link.
Some of the compatible cash back cards include:
- 6% back at U.S. supermarkets (max. $6,000 a year)
- 6% back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions
- 3% back on taxis/rideshare, parking, tolls, trains, and buses
- 3% back on gas
- 1% back on other purchases.
- 3% back at U.S. supermarket (max. $6,000 a year)
- 2% back on gas and purchases at U.S. department stores
- 1% back on other purchases.
- 5% back in rotating categories (on up to $1,500 per quarter, then 1%; enrollment is required)
- 5% back on Ultimate Rewards travel
- 3% back at restaurants and drugstores
- 1% back on all other purchases.
Way 3: Get Debit Card Cash Back with Apple Pay
There’s also an opportunity to get some cash back at stores with this payment service. There are several conditions to do this:
- You will need to link a debit card to your Apple Pay account.
- The store must accept Apple Pay.
- The store must offer cash back on purchases.
Whether you can get cash back using your iOS device at stores or not depends on each individual store. Some individual stores are not able to give cash back on Apple Pay purchases – even if other stores owned by the parent company offer it. To find out if the store gives you Apple Pay cash back, you need to visit or contact this particular store and ask.
Well, how can I get Apple Pay cash back near me? If you want physical dollar bills here and now, the only way is to visit a store that accepts this payment system and gives cash back on debit card purchases. The problem is that you don’t know for sure which particular store (not the company) allows this.
If you are ok with electronic cash back rather than physical, then you may choose either to apply for the Apple Card or link any other cash back card to your Apple Pay account.